To kick start the New Year, the Young Fabians will be hosting their first Open Day on the 29th of January 2017.
We've got a fantastic day line-up for you with an agenda including: drop-in sessions with exec, policy discussions, media training, and some YF Network AGMs.
The theme of the day will revolve around globalisation and the UK's place in the global economy.
More details and agenda to be released shortly. Whether you're new to the Young Fabians and want to hear what we're all about or an existing member keen to find out our plans for the year and network with other members, this will be an exciting and interactive day for all!
Members are welcome to drop in and out throughout the day or stay for the whole thing - it's up to you!
Venue TBC, but it will take place in a Central London location. More information to follow.
If you have any accessibility issues, please get in touch with Miriam Mirwitch ([email protected]).
Networks who will be holding their AGMs at the Open Day include:
- Devolution & Local Government,
- Communities & Home Affairs
If you are interested in running to be part of one of these networks, please take note of the following important information:
- The positions voted on must include Chair and Secretary,
- Any candidate who wishes to run must be a Young Fabian member,
- Candidates can opt to either self-nominate on the day OR send a 250-word written statement to the returning officer, Ria Bernard ([email protected]), by 9am on Wednesday 25th January,
- Video-link should be available for any candidate wishing to stand but unable to attend in person.
If you have any questions about the Open Day or the AGMs, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Ria Bernard or any member of the Exec. Further information will be provided shortly but save the date! We're looking forward to seeing you there!