Coronavirus is the biggest crisis the UK has faced in a generation. Although our immediate attention is on responding to this pandemic, the Labour Party believes that we must build a better society as we recover from the pandemic.
Our leader Sir Keir Starmer is calling for contributions about the values that should support our policy platform as we emerge from the crisis. The consultation in 2020 provides members with the opportunity to tell the Party how some of the most pressing issues in our society should be resolved, from the future of our health and social care services to how the economy should be reshaped.
Our focus on the Economy & Finance Network is on the topic of Economic Recovery and Renewal after Coronavirus which is aligned to the Economy, Business and Trade Policy Commissions. Specifically, the questions to be addressed are:
1. What are the priorities for the economic recovery from the coronavirus shock?
2. How can we target and support specific sectors hit hardest?
3. Building on the lessons of the outbreak, how can we ensure work is fulﬁlling, secure and well paid?
4. How can we build an economy that is fairer and more sustainable after Covid-19?
5. How can we ensure families and households are ﬁnancially resilient to the future economy and personal financial issues?
6. How can we move towards a new social contract with business after the outbreak, providing investment, support and a level playing ﬁeld?
Join us on 16 June 2020 at 7pm via Zoom as we collate your views on the above questions before submitting our policy ideas as Economy & Finance Network – Register for the event here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYud-ChqT8iGdGKBJlZ1MjCOZtI7o44UDq8
More information on the National Policy Forum Consultation 2020 can be found in here at https://labour.org.uk/page/national-policy-forum-2020/?utm_source=bsd&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NPFConsultation20&source=20200520_NPFConsultation20&subsource=bsd_email