The European Commission's Directorate-General for Enlargement is pleased to announce the forthcoming launch of the pan-European article writing competition: ‘So similar. So different. So European.’
The competition will be open to young people aged 18-25 from the 28 EU Member States. It will run until 27 February 2015 (midday CET). Participants will be invited to answer one or both of the following questions (max 1000 words):
- What is your experience in an enlarged European Union?
- How can the enlarged European Union meet the challenges of the future?
Each member state applications will be judged individually by their national committee with the winner of each member state will be awarded with a three-day visit to Brussells and the winning articles published on the European Commision's website.
The UK national judges are:
- Tony Barber - Europe Editor, Financial Times
- Emma Udwin - Advisor and Cabinet Member to the Commissioner of Regional Policy of the European Commission
- The Chair of the Young Fabians
Please visit DG Enlargement’s website for further information and the online application form. You will also find there more information including rules, eligibility and evaluation criteria, an online toolkit and practical details on how to apply.