This summer the Young Fabians are running a programme looking at the “Future of the Labour Party” which will feed into Jon Cruddas’ and Margaret Beckett’s inquiries. This launch event will be your first opportunity to feed into the programme. We will also be looking for volunteer research-organisers to lead other listening campaign activities to find out what Young Fabians think the future direction of the Party should be and to ensure that this is a truly community-led listening campaign.
- Introductions by A. Carpio and J. Toale
- Introductory remarks from keynote speaker (tbc)
- Break-out sessions led by members
- Conclusion and next steps
We'll head to the pub after, maybe the park if it’s nice and sunny.
The hashtag for this event is #LabourFuture.
Description of the Young Fabians’ “Future of the Labour Party” Programme
In the weeks following Labour’s General Election defeat, there has been a plethora of analysis of what went wrong. The Party has embarked upon a number of soul-searching activities, including the inquiry led by Margaret Beckett and Jon Cruddas’ investigation.
As the conversation turns to what the Party needs to do to win back voters and win in 2020, it is important for the Young Fabians to contribute their unique perspective on what the key issues and actions should be – we need a view of the "Future of the Labour Party" by the future of the Labour Party (i.e. you!).
To achieve this, the Young Fabians are running a programme which will culminate in the production of a pamphlet to be published at Labour Party Conference. The programme seeks to harness the ideas and views of the Young Fabians membership through a series of activities and put forward ideas about where the Labour Party must go in the lead up to the 2020 General Election and beyond.
This programme will include:
- An online survey - available here https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2TK9HQ3;
- Launch of Listening Campaign on 22 July 2015;
- Member-led Listening Campaign sessions throughout the United Kingdom;
- The production of a Young Fabians Pamphlet on 'The Future of the Labour Party', and;
- A launch at Labour Party Conference with a further opportunity to share your views (timings tbc).
This programme is being co-organised by A. Carpio and J. Toale. If you have any questions and/or would like to get involved, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do also join our Facebook page for latest updates!
69-89 Mile End Rd
London E1 4TT
Google map and directions