Co-option to the Executive Committee
The Young Fabians are proud to announce a new opportunity for members. The Executive Committee is looking for more expertise to join us. These co-opted officers will have the opportunity to contribute directly into our plans for this year and help develop our membership community.
This year is an especially exciting year for the Young Fabians. The Executive Committee is leading on re-focusing our organisation as one truly community-led - with our events and projects created by members for members.
The role of the Executive Committee is now one of supporting and encouraging members to step forwards to take the lead up and down the country: bringing members together to write policy pamphlets, lead on topical and social events as well as get involved with partner organisations abroad. These opportunities we encourage you to make the most of.
On January 10th, our Leadership Day in London was attended by overwhelming number of members from across the country, with ideas for member-led projects developed and our special-interest networks in Finance, Health, International Affairs, Communications Industry and Education beginning the new year in earnest.
The Young Fabians would like members to consider putting their name forward for our Executive co-options, and play a greater part to build and develop our community this year. The ideal candidate will be someone who
- Wants a flexible position to develop our community in-line with our new focus.
- Can make a commitment of a monthly meeting in London (alternating weekend and weekday with expenses from out of London covered) and time beyond that to implement our plans for the year and encourage and mentor member-led projects across our community (training provided).
- Is a member of Young Fabians, with preference to Women, BAME, LGBT and those out of London.
- Ideally has prior experience contributing or leading projects within the Young Fabians.
To apply please contact the National Chair, Alex Adranghi at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short personal statement no longer than 300 words on what you could bring to the Executive Committee. Please include the following information.
- Roughly how much time you are able to volunteer for this role per month.
- The geographical location you are usually based in.
- Any specialist skills you may have. Examples: Nationbuilder, Community organising, Web Development, Fundraising, Media Relations.
- Other voluntary commitments, committees and roles you have.
- A phone number we can reach you on.
As a reminder, these particular roles are to help support our national strategy and governance, and not for specific projects, event series, or want to set up another initiative for benefit of the membership. If you want to pursue any of these instead, the Executive Committee would like to help you make it happen at anytime during the year. Do get in touch with us at email@example.com.
The deadline for applications 12:00 on Tuesday 3 February 2015.