"As the incoming Young Fabians Exec, we pledge to bring people together, empower our members, diversify our society, make an impact, and build a strong foundation for the Young Fabians’ future."
Bring People Together
- We will make sure the Young Fabians is a safe and welcoming space where young people across the left can come together to share ideas, engage in respectful debate, and build their networks.
- We will support each other, treating each other with respect and recognising that we’re all volunteers.
- We will bring young people together across the UK, Europe and the world. We will be a prominent voice internationally.
- We will uphold high standards of conduct and safeguarding, and work together to resolve issues that arise quickly and professionally.
Empower our Members
- We will uphold high quality standards on our platforms – including Antics, the YF Blog, the YF Podcast, the YF YouTube channel and our events. We will help our members to use these platforms.
- We will provide our members with chances to develop their confidence and skills – including a YF Academy events series. When doing so we will prioritise those who may have less access to other development opportunities.
- We will give our members chances to showcase their ideas – including through writing competitions, policy pitch competitions, and a prize scheme.
Diversify our Society
- We will put our new national and regional groups on a permanent footing, and encourage creation of new ones for parts of the UK which aren’t currently covered.
- We will promote accessibility for members across the UK by streaming and recording events where possible, and by holding decision-making meetings online. We will make sure there are events, including open days when possible, in cities and towns outside London.
- We will work closely with the advocacy groups, and consult them on ways to make the Young Fabians more accessible for young people with disabilities, young people from BAME communities, and young people from the LGBTQIA+ community.
- We will work to improve gender balance on our platforms and amongst our officers at every level, with support and guidance from the YF Exec Women’s Officer. We will learn from the excellent work of the Fabian Women’s Network.
Make an Impact
- We will build relationships with influential Labour politicians and policymakers, and connect them with our members’ work.
- We will reach out to other organisations and parts of the labour movement. In doing so we will seek to recruit new members, explore new partnerships that can help our members make an impact, and bring Fabianism to a larger audience.
Build a Strong Foundation
- We will manage our members’ money carefully, and not take their support for granted.
- We will work to raise funds which will allow YF to keep working, and to be more ambitious in what we can offer our members.
- We will encourage a next generation of members to take on prominent roles in the Young Fabians and beyond, and to be the future of Fabianism.
Do you like this post?