As a socialist society affiliated to Labour, the Young Fabians may nominate to each of the following roles on the Young Labour National Executive Committee (NEC):
- NEC Youth Rep
- Young Labour Socialist Societies Representative
More information and Young Labour's eligibility criteria, are available here.
Our code of conduct for candidates, and their supporters among the YF membership, in this process is as follows
- Usage of paid advertising or boosted social media specifically asking for the Young Fabians’ (YF’s) endorsement.
- Usage of Fabians membership data to campaign for a particular candidate or against another.
- Messaging of individual YF members about the nomination process after they have asked you to stop.
- Threats, bullying, harassment or discrimination.
- Usage of YF platforms (including Antics, Blog and Podcast), emailing lists, social media channels or group chats to promote a particular candidate or campaign against another.
Usage of YF emailing lists or social media channels to actively campaign for the nominated candidate after the announcement. No comms or campaigning will be undertaken by the Young Fabians after the announcement, aside from:
- An all-member confirmatory email.
- A congratulatory post on each main YF social media channel which may be retweeted/shared etc by other YF social channels.
- A 150-word campaign statement supplied to the Young Fabians Chair.
- Direct personal communication with people you already know using your own data.
- Reasonable use of your own existing social media accounts.
- Positive, respectful, courteous and professional tone and content at all times.