Young Labour is seeking candidates to fill four new roles on the Young Labour National Executive Committee (NEC):
- BAME Officer
- Disabled Members Officer
- LGBT+ Officer
- Women’s Officer
Each officer would serve an 18 month term on the Young Labour NEC, starting in late August 2021. More information and Young Labour's eligibility criteria, are available here.
As an affiliate of the Labour Party, the Young Fabians (YF) may nominate candidates for these roles before noon on 11 June 2021. We will do so by balloting our members who joined YF before Friday 26 March. Our ballot will take place in late April through early May, to select a nominee using a Single Transferable Vote electoral system (STV). YF’s nominees would then be announced and would appear on the ballot of Young Labour members, to take place in the summer.
If you would like to apply, you can do so via our nomination form here until 11.59pm on Friday 16 April, after reading our nomination process code of conduct which applies to all YF members and/or candidates. This code of conduct is as follows:
- Usage of paid advertising or boosted social media specifically asking for the Young Fabians’ (YF’s) endorsement.
- Usage of Fabians membership data to campaign for a particular candidate or against another.
- Messaging of individual YF members about the nomination process after they have asked you to stop.
- Threats, bullying, harassment or discrimination.
- Usage of YF platforms (including Antics, Blog and Podcast), emailing lists, social media channels (including networks'/groups' channels), or group chats to promote a particular candidate or campaign against another.
- A 150-word campaign statement supplied via the nomination form, which will be shared with YF members.
- Direct personal communication with people you already know using your own data.
- Reasonable use of your own existing social media accounts.
- Positive, respectful, courteous and professional tone and content at all times.