Executive members, Louie Woodall and Katharina Klebba met young people from across the country in Portcullis House for Parliament Week 2013.
Along with other youth organisations, the Young Fabians engaged with future voters and explained the crucial work we do.
A proposal by James Hallwood to lay a wreath at the Cenotaph on behalf of the Young Fabian Executive was carried out this evening by the 2013/14 Executive. A minute’s silence was held and a wreath was laid with the following words written:
“ In solidarity and eternal gratitude”
The new Executive met this evening to discuss strategy for the year ahead and assign portfolios to the non-constitutional officers.
2013/14’s portfolios will be:
- Chair: James Hallwood
- Vice Chair: Katharina Klebba
- Treasurer: Martin Edobor
- Anticipations Editor: Louie Woodall
- Local Government and Regional Officer: Hetty Wood
- Research Officer: Felicity Slater
- Campaigns Officer: Alvin Carpio
- Membership and Partnership Officer: Adebusuyi Adeyemi
- International Officer: Joel Mullan
- External Affairs Officer: Vicki Butler
- Networks Officer: Lorna Russell
At a meeting of the Young Fabian Executive for 2013/14, James Hallwood was elected Chair of the Young Fabians for the year ahead. Topping the ballot of this year’s elections, James was previously the Secretary and Equalities Officer of the Young Fabians.
Katharina Klebba was elected Vice Chair; Martin Edobor, Treasurer; and A. Adranghi, Secretary.
These constitutional roles will formally be approved at the AGM on 16th November. Positions for the eight other elected members will be decided on 10th November after a strategy meeting.