Chris is currently serving in the role of Co-Chair in the Young Fabians Economy & Finance Network.
He is working as Senior in Transaction Due Diligence at EY London, having joined the firm in 2014 as a Graduate trainee. He is a Chartered Accountant who qualified with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland in 2017.
Prior to working, he studied Economics and Statistics in UCL and graduated in 2014.
Outside of work, Chris has been helping the Singapore UK Association as Membership Co-ordinator since January 2016. He has also served as Treasurer for Association of South-east Asian Studies in the UK from Sep 2016 to Dec 2018.
Within the Young Fabian's Chris has:
- Led the monthly macro updates publications
- Wrote an article on the different metrics that nations use instead of or in addition to GDP growth as part of the Redefining Progress publications
- Currently writing an article on ‘Getting to Net Zero Housing Stock and helping Young People to reduce carbon emission’ (part of YF Housing Pamphlet)
- Led Young Fabians submission on Labour, Covid-19 and The Economy as part of Labour’s National Policy Forum Consultation 2020
- Hosted 2 events on Covid-19, namely Taking Stock of Stockpiling and Unlocking the Lockdown
- Spoke at the Scottish YF event Red, Aye: Can Scotland Afford Independence? and the related podcast