Do you have an idea for an event? Are you just keen to discuss education policy?
Whatever your interest, we would like to invite you to our next YF Education Network Steering Committee meeting at 6.30pm, Friday April 21 at Fabian HQ, 61 Petty France, SW1H 9EU in London. We would be delighted if you can make it along.
The main topic of the session will be to plan our upcoming events. We are currently sourcing speakers for events on:
- Involving other sectors with students with special educational needs
- Lifelong learning and adult education
- Improving aspiration and access to Higher Education
- Ethnic minorities and education
- The regulatory system - should OFSTED be changed?
- An alternative to grammar schools which enables parental selection but without academic selection of an inefficient allocation of resources
- The Government's Higher education bill and plans for a Teaching Excellence Framework
We would welcome any ideas people might have for contributing to these events, suggesting speakers and format. We are also keen to hear any ideas for other, future events.
After the session you are very welcome to join us at the pub to discuss Education policy, and politics in general, in a more relaxed setting.