Steering meetings are a great way to get more involved in our network, and to have your say in how it's run! At these meetings, we will be discussing upcoming network events and talking about where we want the tech network to go in future.
At this meeting, we will also be looking for additional officers for the network committee - the network is run by its members and these roles are simply formalising responsibilities, not placing anyone above anyone else. We had two roles in mind (detailed below) but we're open to any suggestions for positions that would best serve the network:
1) Publicity Officer - this would include:
- Managing social media accounts
- Promoting events
- Live-tweeting/streaming events
- Encouraging post-event engagement, e.g. commissioning or writing blogs to summarise the event.
- Working with the Anticipations Editor on the Executive to write & commission pieces on tech-related themes.
2) Policy Engagement Officer - this would include:
- Developing relationships with important external stakeholders, including:
- Other left-wing tech focused groups
- Charities and Campaigning groups
- Academics and Think-tanks
- Investigating potential event sponsors
We believe meetings should be accessible to all. If you would rather join the meeting virtually, there will be a Google Meet link posted in Facebook event on the day of the meeting, which will allow you to see and speak with other members who are physically present through a video conferencing system.
If you have any other accessibility requirements, let us know and we will make reasonable adjustments to ensure you are able to fully participate in the network.
Thursday, 21st February 7pm - 8:30pm The Fabian Society, 61 Petty France, Westminster
February 21, 2019 at 7pm - 10pm
Fabian HQ, Petty France