The Young Fabians Finance Network, in partnership with Labour in the City and supported by the Institute of Chartered Accountants for England and Wales (ICAEW), has launched a new report exploring policy solutions to the barriers women face to equal representation in the City.
The report was launched by Seema Malhotra MP, Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury, and Sharron Gunn, Executive Director, ICAEW, at a reception in the City on March 2nd.
Key recommendations in the report include:
- Greater focus on mentoring and sponsorship
- Cultural change to encourage Shared Parental Leave
- Detailed company reporting of gender pay gaps
- Establishing the business case for diversity
- School-based programmes to educate young girls about City careers
- Embracing flexible working with new technology
Sophia Morrell, Vice-Chair of the Young Fabians Finance Network and editor of the report.
You can download the pamphlet here.